Congratulations on being approved for pointe! Fitting appointments for beginners are a must. Your first pointe shoe fitting is very special, and we want to give you the full Allegro experience! We’re so excited about your accomplishment and want to have the time to teach you what to expect and how to sew and care for both your shoes and your feet.
Everything you need to know for your first pointe fitting:
- Please allow 90 minutes for your first pointe shoe fitting, although you may be finished in an hour. It is to your benefit to try several different kinds of shoes before we find one that is right for you. Every foot and every dancer is different.
- Before getting pointe shoes, you MUST have the approval of your ballet teacher. Pointe shoes are not for beginning ballet students!
- Please consult with your teacher beforehand to get any specific suggestions about pointe shoe brands and toe pads.
- Wear a pair of tights if possible and something you can move in.
- Make sure your toenails are trimmed, but try not to cut them the day of the fitting, as this can cause sensitivity and will affect your perception of fit.
Recommended items for first-time pointe students:
- Mesh bag for proper shoe storage and care
- Lambswool for extra comfort, and adjustment as your shoe breaks in
- Stitch kit/Sewing tube for sewing your shoes
- Toe Wrap to protect your toes
- Footsie roller because your feet are going to be sore!