Big News! We’re Moving!
Allegro Dance Boutique Barrington is thrilled to announce that we’re moving to a new location this spring!
Our new address will be: 104 S. Cook Street in Downtown Barrington. It’s just a short drive (or walk) from our current location, and we couldn’t be more excited!
We’ve had a lot of fun at our current home on Northwest Highway for the past three years, and can’t wait to be able to offer even more to our community. Our space on Cook Street will bring some exciting changes that we know you will love. We’ll have a wider selection of leotards, dance basics, and accessories, we’ll have a dedicated children’s area (Petit Allegro), and of course, more pointe shoes!
We have also heard your requests and are pleased to announce that our new location will be open on Sundays from 12-5pm! Sunday hours will begin April 26th.
What you should know…
In preparation for our opening, we’ll need a few days to finish creating our new space. Our current store located at 724 S. Northwest Highway will be open through April 18, 2015. Be sure to stop in on April 18 or before to get any last-minute necessities (our Evanston location will be open just in case too). We will re-open our new store late April 2015. More details soon!
Speaking of stopping in: To celebrate, we will be having a Moving Sale at our current location, 724 S Northwest Hwy, April 6-18! Come and shop deeply discounted shoes and apparel! We have a great selection of ballet shoes, tap shoes, booty shorts, leotards and more for both children and adults!
Stay-tuned for info regarding our Grand (Re-)Opening celebration!
Not done reading yet? Is it because you’re as excited as we are? Then let us tell you a few reasons WHY we’re so pumped about our new neighborhood:
- Local food and drink!
- We’re two doors down from Pure Organic Juicery. We are already addicted to their smoothies and juices. Our favorites so far? The Stalks and Leaves juice and the Peanut Butter Crunch or Mango Bay smoothies.
- We are literally next door to a brand new reflexology and foot massage business called Feetlaxation. Are you kidding me? A dance store next to a foot massage place?! It’s too good to be true. Their menu starts with a 15 minute sessions for just $20. Umm, yes.
- There’s great, local coffee shop just four doors down called Cook Street Coffee. We’re tempted daily by the donuts available there from Spunky Dunkers, but stick to coffee and tea most days. Most days.
- Egg Harbor Cafe is right down the street. It’s good enough that we might have to schedule ourselves a few morning meetings before the store opens. It’s been in Barrington for over 20 years for good reason.
- Ease of travel!
- We are walking distance from the Barrington Metra station, so we’re easy to get to.
- There’s parking all over the village. If the spots right in front of the store fill up, there are parking lots outside in all directions, and one indoors too.
- Clothes and Accessories! We basically live in leotards and sweatpants, but sometimes we like to get dressed up and look like normal people.
- Events, event, and more events. We’re in the Heart of Downtown Barrington, where all the action happens. We’re most looking forward to:
- The 1865 Street Festival on April 25, 2015 3pm – 10pm, celebrating 150 years in Barrington. Parking might be a pain, but it sounds worth it.
- The Barrington Farmer’s Market. As if there aren’t enough reasons to look forward to summer.
- The Barrington Art Festival May 23 and 24. We’re dancers and therefore, love to support all forms of art!
- Barrington Cruise Nights. We don’t even love old cars that much, but there’s something about being outdoors on a summer night surrounded by cool cars…