When it comes to dance, many factors go in to keeping a dancer in tip top physical shape. As well as taking class, we must remember to fuel our bodies correctly, so they can perform the best for us. It really doesn’t matter if you’re into ballet or hip-hop, because your body needs the right foods no matter what you’re doing. This doesn’t apply only to dance; nutrition is important for any kind of physical exercise.
Now, I’m no nutritionist, but I can be a total health nut from time to time. You may or may not find me reading this book for pleasure…I love food! Some of my favorite healthy foods include:
- Quinoa (An excellent source of complete protein, with 8 grams in one cup cooked.)
- Greek yogurt and granola (I love Chobani brand.)
- Green smoothies!
- Dark Chocolate (Not too much, but it is a great source of antioxidants and other health benefits.)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- A nice big salad with lots of veggies and grilled chicken
- Oatmeal with cinnamon and honey (The toppings for oatmeal are endless, so check out this recipe to get you started.)
I could go on and on listing foods I love, but I’ll stop for now. I’d love to hear some of your favorite foods, so leave a comment below to share!